Wood, paper, brass; ebonised wood base.
This big globe was designed by the engineer Gabriele Cagliani and created by the Corbetta litography studio in Milan in 1856, as evidenced by the inscription on the bottom (“Ing. Cagliani dis. / 1856 / Milano Lit. Corbetta”).
The company, founded in 1805 by Luca Corbetta, remained active until 1910 (see Editori a Milano; repertorio, edited by P. Caccia, Milan, 2013, p. 113).
height 130 cm; globe’s diameter 63,5 cm